Dial-In Authenticator is Live!

Guild progression and general guild news updates will be posted here.
Azarizotza

Dial-In Authenticator is Live!

Post by Azarizotza »

I know this is not directly guild related, but here at Trash Mob Death Machine, we are very much concerned with your account security.

I have written posts about the security of the Authenticator, and how it's virtually unbreakable, at least feasibly for a company trying to make money off of mass account jacking. Most gold farming companies will even place "authenticators need not apply" at the end of their emails as to not waste valuable time that could be used getting profit off of another account. Many government agencies and private corporations use similar devices to authenticate access to their most secret data.

Up until now, the only ways to authenticate your account was to have an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad/Android/Blackberry smart phone or pay $7 at the Blizzard store for the actual keychain device. Blizzard has released a "Dial-in" authentication service for World of Warcraft (at least in the North American region, so Gushma, you're outta luck).

The general gist of this is that you register a phone number on your battle.net account that will serve as your "authentication incoming number" and dial a toll free number when you log in. Dialing this number will then allow your computer to complete the log-in process so long as it's coming from the number on file.

Remember: No one thinks they can get hacked, until it happens. Then it becomes too real, too late.

MORE INFO ---> http://us.blizzard.com/support/article. ... rhtml=true

Aliias

Re: DIAL-IN AUTHENTICATOR IS LIVE!

Post by Aliias »

Azarizotza wrote: Remember: No one thinks they can get hacked, until it happens. Then it becomes too real, too late.
So true. Get an authenticator people.
Iomere

Re: DIAL-IN AUTHENTICATOR IS LIVE!

Post by Iomere »

I am living proof, I thought if i hadn't been hacked so far that it all came down to whether you weren't careful and gave your password anyway. Boy did I learn that the hard way...
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

checkra1n

Re: Dial-In Authenticator is Live!

Post by checkra1n »

CydiaMate is the best website which contains jailbreak updates, news and shows correct guidance for Cydia download to iPhone iPod or iPad. Cydia is the biggest 3rd party App store including tons of apps, themes, tweaks etc. Checkra1n Jailbreak released recently that support for iOS 13.3 latest version.
takelarge321

Post by takelarge321 »

The panda helper is the best app to download latest app for free so download now Tutuapp panda app to unlock a many feature now panda helper download now.
Yvonne

Post by Yvonne »

Thank you so much for sharing this. I have learned a lot from this platform. You can also benefit from professional evaluation essay writing services.
steelen

Post by steelen »

This post is very informative. Thank you for sharing.
curtismojica

lifestyle magazine

Post by curtismojica »

frank

Post by frank »

The Samsung Smart Switch is an alternative application for all Android users all over the world. Download Smart Switch for free is an easy-to-use tool for transferring content through both devices. It helps you to seamlessly transfer data such as files, photos, music, calendar events, videos, and other important documents through any Samsung galaxy device.
https://samsungsmartswitch.org